An ugly house next door is every owner’s and listing agent’s nightmare! Over the past 42 years I have:
- Paid to have a high school student regularly mow their lawn.
- Offered to have my seller share the cost of painting the front of the ugly house.
- Offered the services of my landscaper.
- Contacted the owner if the property is tenants-occupied.
- Sent pictures of the ugly house to the owner if he is an absentee landlord.
- Called the city to complain about the nusiance.
- Gotten neighbors to sign a petition in order to shame the owner.
Ultimately, if you can’t make the ugly house look better you just have to reflect the impact of this property on a lower asking price for your listing, now matter how good it looks compared to the house next door. The value of every home depends on the homes around it.